Friday 13 April 2012

Fifa 11

When I was deciding what difficulty level to play this game on I was shocked to realise that I have never played a football game before!  I think this has been partly because I am not very interested in football but a good game is still worth playing and this has already proved to be good and has it's hooks in me after just two days.

Because of my inexperience I am playing it on the easiest difficulty.  I have started on career mode and was initially rubbish.  Playing it on easy means that it is as simple for my AI team-mates as it is for me so as long as my guy is picked to play by the coach our team (Nottingham Forest) always wins by a wide margin.  Sometimes I have been dropped due to poor performances and in my absence the team struggles a lot more.

It seems a bit of a farce that I get dropped from the team and several successive matches can go past while I just watch (I don't actually watch the match but the PS3 going through the process of calculating results and match events takes time and I'm excluded).  Early in my first season I was injured for 43 days and missed loads of games and it was not very exciting.  I have at least got the hang of the game now to the point where I don't usaully get dropped for bad performances.

Shooting is something I still cannot do. When running in on goal the camera switches to a low dynamic angle but this makes it harder to see where the player is relative to the goal or goalkeeper and so I often leave my shot too late and the keeper has closed me down.

Forest finished the first season at the top of the championship (art failing to reflect life) and the new premiership season has started.  We have won the first two games but after a bad game against West Ham I have managed to get myself left out again.  You'd think the coach would notice that we always win by a wide margin when I play, even if I play badly.



No comments:

Post a Comment