Monday 11 June 2012

More GTA 4

I have now progressed to into both Algonquin and Alderney.  The missions are getting harder and I have had to repeat some several times.

I came up against a glitch in the game and had to retry one mission many times, not realising that it was not running properly.  Little Jakub and I had to take down a helicopter by flying next to it in another chopper.  I had to line us up properly and Jakub's job was to shoot at it with a rocket launcher.  What happened most often was that Jakub would take a single shot when we were not in a suitable position, the shot would miss and it would cut to the mission failed clip of Jakub getting out of the now landed chopper.

On a couple of occasions I lined up the helicopter pretty well next to the enemy one but Jakub did not take the shot and several times the enemy chopper landed and just sat on the tarmac while I tried to get get ours along side it in the vain hope that we would shoot at it but nothing transpired and this usually finished with our 'copter breaking up due to me flying it into things.

This went on with me trying again and again until about three in the morning and eventually I threw in the towel and went to bed.  The next day when I tried again, Jakub took a shot on the first occasion and it missed and I swore, assuming that the chance had passed.  I could hardly believe it when Jakub fired a second shot, this was unique in the history of all my attempts.  The shot missed but the third hit the target.  Unfortunately, I messed up the landing and we went into the sea and Jakub drowned but the next time it all went smoothly.

Because of this problem I have loads more failed missions in my stats than I should have and I feel a bit hard done by.  Never mind.

My other comment for today is that drunkenness is represented better in this game than any other I've played.

Despite the huge number of hours I've played this game for I am still excited about playing the rest of it, and about the thought that there is plenty more in the Episodes from Liberty City pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment