Sunday 15 July 2012

Portal

I have now finished Portal.  It took less time than I expected.

On my Steam account it is registering 10 hours of gameplay but considering that I'm not the fastest player in the world and that I have spent a little time going back and trying the tests again I recon an adept player could get through it in 6 or 7 hours.


To my shame I had to look one puzzle up on YouTube to find the solution.  It is the one in the picture, though the part I could not understand is just out of shot to the left.  You have to use portals to reach a button which is on a pedestal.  The pedestal is too small to stand on so you've got to press the button as you fall past it and the timing has to be just right to open a door for an energy ball which you have already re-directed using portals.  I had not realised that there was a button on the pedestal, and when I looked it up on YouTube everything happened so fast in the video I watched that I had to watch it again several times to work out what was going on.

I've been back to try this test in as few Portal's as possible and my record is 29.  The target is 30 and you get cake for doing it in 25.  I could save 4 by not knocking down the turrets in this room but I would have to act fast to not get killed.

I am going to start giving myself scores out of 10 for different aspects of my performance.  For Portal I'm getting:

Speed through the game: 6

Intelligence: 7

Reactions and accuracy: 6

Observation: 5

I have now started S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat on the PC and have received the Space Marine for PS3 I bought on Amazon so I am going to be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment