Thursday 15 November 2012

More Colin McRae Dirt

Since my last entry, which I admit was a while ago now, I have played some Batman: Arkham Asylum (I started my second play-through of this and it's still fantastic), quite a bit of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (which has grown on me and is also excellent, but still not as good as AC II) but, to my own surprise the only game I want to write about is Colin McRae Dirt.

I last wrote about this title in this entry:

http://therubbishgamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/more-uncharted-drakes-fortune-and-colin.html

I finished playing through the career section on Clubman difficulty (the second easiest of 5) and decided to spend some time with the Championship part of the game, which is all rallying and much more in keeping with the earlier Colin McRae games.  It feels like discovering the game for the first time.

I have switched off the annoying co-driver and am relying on the minimap at the top of the screen.  It means having to look away from the road occasionally but also forces you to concentrate harder and so might improve performance.

I did the long version of the European Championship on Clubman and won it.  This in unlocked the International Championship which I decided to do at a harder difficulty level (Amateur - which is 3rd of 5) and got found out.

The first of these (the European) was one of the best driving experiences I ever had with a game.  I felt constantly on the ragged edge but just in control and it was exhilarating.  The driving is beautifully simulated and I feel as if I have mastered the steering slightly more since complaining that it was too sensitive last time.  I will keep persisting at Amateur level and hopefully unlock the Global Championship this evening.

Dirt 2 is now on my Amazon wish list and Xmas might be too long to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment