Tuesday 23 July 2013

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - PC

I bought KOTOR on Steam recently (for less than £3 during the sale) and it did not appear in my library at first.

It turned out that I was in offline mode.  I don't really get this as the Store was appearing and I managed to go through the buying process.

When that was sorted out I downloaded the game but when I tried to play it only the initial LucasArts logo came up and then disappeared again.  I tried this several times with the same result then tried a generic fix suggested on the Steam help page with no joy.

I uninstalled AVG since it is one of the most emphasized programs on Steam's list of things that cause problems and tried again but still got no further.

When changing the compatibility mode a couple of times didn't work I messed around with the graphics options and at last I got a result.

This description makes it sound pretty simply but it took a while.

My character (Petracina) looking at a protocol droid.
Is it any wonder that I usually play on the PS3 these days.  This game is ten years old and my PC is easily powerful enough to run it but for some glitchy and annoying reason of its own it chose not too.

Still , first impressions suggest that it is an excellent game so I'm going to stop typing and go back to playing it...if it starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment