Friday 3 February 2012

Need a Bit More Speed

NFS Hot Purstuit has had it's claws in me recently.  I was doing pretty well last night and managed to get a gold medal in 2 races which had previously eluded me.

I was having a great run in the pursuit race called Blacklisted (I think).  Even though there are only 4 competitors in this one I haven't got even a bronze in it yet as I keep failing to finish due to getting wrecked or busted.

Last night it was going well though.  I was leading and close to the end, there were no police ahead of me and no sign of the helicopter.  Suddenly, out of the darkness, there was a spike strip in the road which I didn't have time to avoid.  Okay the chopper could have dropped it and then disappeared but it doesn't sound too likely.  To compound the injustice I was busted!  I hadn't run over one spike strip or been hit by an emp up to that point.  I might have had a couple of crashes but the damage wasn't critical.

It's a great game for the most part, though, so I'm not really complaining - I don't think.

One small criticism I have is that the previews and time trials, which are not the most exciting runs, seem to be generally a bit more difficult than the races.  As a result I find myself going back over all the contests I'm yet to score a gold medal in and the races get filtered out leaving rather a high proportion of these against the clock events still to be successfully completed.

Let's face it though, nothing will put me off going back and trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment