Wednesday 28 August 2013

More on Civilization Revolution

I have to apologise to Firaxis (developers of Civ Rev) for suggesting that the British came in for unfair treatment in the game.  I have finished the game I was playing when I last wrote on this subject and have started a new one as the Egyptians and it seems that all nations are described as pretentious snobs by their enemies.

I also feel obliged to mention that it does make a difference which nation you play as.  Comparing the British to the Egyptians, the British rifleman unit has one extra attack point (four instead of three) but the Egyptians can glean more trade and one food from a dessert region from the start of the game.  These are not the only differences, just examples.

Civilization Revolution scores over many other strategy games in the important respect that you can crush your opponents quite quickly once you are powerful, whereas in some games there can be long periods where you have a lot of housekeeping to do once you have built a large nation.

I have been unable to put this game down in the last few days but feel as if I might be exhausting its entertainment value at least for the time being but I have won the God of War: Chains of Olympus for PSP that I mentioned that I had bid on on ebay two entries ago and the seller claims to have posted it so hopefully I will have that soon.

I have also recently played the demo versions of Patapon and Little Big Planet for PSP.  The first one appears excellent and I certainly mean to buy it some time and hopefully I will write about it in the future.  I am most enthusiastic about LBP though.  The content is clearly different to the PS3 version, the game's mechanisms seem just the same and it looks stunning on the small screen so that is probably the next game I want to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment