Monday 19 March 2012

My Name is Called Disturbance!

Street Fighter IV is hard.

I've been playing the game on Easy difficulty and sometimes struggling.  (For those who don't know, there are 8 difficulty levels and 2 are easier that Easy, so I'm completely chickening out.)

I have mostly played as Chun-Li up to now and even some of her basic special moves I find hard to execute.  The one which involves kicking repeatedly is easy and Kikoken which involves charging away from the opponent then moving towards followed by a punch I've pretty much got down, too.

Hazanshu, which in pushing the stick towards the opponent then rolling underneath until it is pointing away then kicking, and results in Chun-Li doing an extravagant flip through the air and kicking down on her enemy, took a lot of practise in the training room but I get it most times now.  It took me ages to work out that the kick comes after the stick movement.

The Spinning bird kick looks like an easy move but I tried for ages to do it yesterday and it only happened about one time in a hundred so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Unfortunately, the moves I have about got right are not very damaging and Chun-Li is constantly being the victim of outrageous Super and Ultra Combos and I have no reply.  Often I can be winning a fight comfortably and suddenly the opponent will launch into something spectacular and the fight is turned around.  This has happened so many times in Arcade mode when fighting Chun-Li's rival Crimson Viper that it makes me depressed to think about it.  Ms Viper's favourite is Burst Time - her ultra combo.  I can be winning a bout and fancying my chances when suddenly I hear "now watch this" and it's curtains for Chun-Li again.  I have got out of this combo on a couple of occasions but I've no idea how.

Despite my disasters I have enjoyed this introduction to fighting games (I don't really count a couple of hours of WWE Wrestlemania X8 on the GBA SP) and I'm looking forwarding to learning more and improving.

However, I've started Alice: Madness Returns and I think that will be occupying me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment