Thursday 5 January 2012

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

If you enjoy fun, stop reading and play NFS Hot Pursuit.

I remember playing NFS Most Wanted on the PC and this is clearly it's direct descendant.  Similarities: the game is forgiving when you crash and if you get a corner wrong the barriers will guide you round it.  Differences:  This is more turbo charged and more of an arcade racer in which free driving plays a lesser role.  The tools you are given for taking out the cops or your opponents are also a massive leap forward.


I can't remember which car this is - a fast one.

I haven't played ProStreet or Undercover or any of the earlier ones, so I can't compare it to them, but I cannot remember enjoying a game as much as this one.

Of course, being a bit clumsy I am often frustrated.  There are short cuts to be taken all over the game map which can get you a serious time advantage if used well but the road is usually narrower so my chances of getting round tight turns on these cut-throughs without bashing into the barriers and getting slowed down, thus defeating the object, are pretty slim.  Still. I intend to put in a lot of practise so I hope to improve.

If you are still reading - go and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment